It’s an exciting time when you decide to take on a new home improvement project. A bathroom remodel is a project that often pays back in homeowner satisfaction and buyer satisfaction. The current focus of our country has turned to eco-friendly lifestyles. Call Westside Plumbing today for help with these awesome green home improvements.
Eco-Friendly Bathroom Remodels
- A dual-flush toilet: Using a dual-flush toilet in your bathroom allows you to choose between two buttons when flushing. The first button uses about 0.9 gallons of water per flush, while the second button uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush. Using less water conserves water and is better for the eco-system.
- Install a low-flow showerhead: Installing a low-flow showerhead in your shower will give you double the savings. This shower head will save up to four gallons per minute of water, and it will save on energy. This allows you to spend less money to heat and use the water.
- Design with recycle materials: Countertops, vanities, tiles, and several other large fixtures can be made by recycled products. If you have decided to change the layout of your bathroom to implement the new recycled material based fixtures you will most likely need trained Indiana plumber. Hiring one today to install these recycled products will not only save you money but also help the environment.
- Air Showers: Look into an “air shower” device, which attaches to your showerhead. This apparatus fills each water droplet with a tiny bubble of air making the droplets feel just as big and strong as before, while you use less water. As a result you will increase the volume of the shower steam while reducing the amount of water used by 30%.
- Paint with low-to-no-Voc paint: VOCs are volatile organic compounds, which are toxic to the body. Check out AFM Safecoat, YOLO Colourhouse, Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams, which all have no- or low-VOC paints in their line.
Remodeling your bathroom will not only help reduce your ecological footprint but will also save you money. This allows you, your family and your future family to all benefit from the small changes you make every day. When remodeling a bathroom contact Westside Plumbing for all of your plumbing, water heater repair, and sump pump installation needs. Located in Brownsburg, IN we are proud to help your family and the surrounding area.