After a winter of temperatures rarely seen, there are quite a few things that could’ve happened to your plumbing system. Therefore, this spring you may need to give some extra TLC to your plumbing. No need to worry if you have no idea what you’re doing. You can call Westside Plumbing in Brownsburg, IN, for any of your plumbing, water heater, or sump pump needs.
Below are a few things to check to ensure your plumbing is and will continue working smoothly this spring.
- Water Heater and Furnace: Make sure there are no flammable materials or liquids stored nearby.
- Water Heater Temperature: Set your water heater at 120 degrees to prevent scalding hot water and excessive energy use.
- Drains: Pour a gallon of water into each drain to ensure they’re all working properly.
- Pipes Beneath Sinks: Visually inspect these pipes for any leaks.
- Gutters and Downspouts: Ensure these are clear of debris, or they can back up and leak water into your home.
- Toilet: Put a few drops of food coloring into the water in your toilet tank. If there is a leak, color will appear in the toilet bowl within 30 minutes.
- Toilet Handle: Do you have to jiggle your toilet handle or hold it down while flushing? If you are, this is a waste of water and should be fixed.
- Water Meter: Check your water meter before going to bed and again in the morning before using any water. If it doesn’t have the same reading, you may need to call a local plumber.
Local Plumbers in Indiana
If you need a plumber near Brownsburg, Westside Plumbing also serves Avon, Plainfield, Zionsville, and surrounding areas. Contact us at 317-445-8399 if you need plumbing maintenance or repairs this spring. We look forward to working with you!